Anime Boulevard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Summer Anime Season 2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

Summer Anime Season 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Summer Anime Season 2010   Summer Anime Season 2010 EmptyTue 25 May - 16:31

How many of you keep up with seasonal anime? How many of you even knew that anime premiered in seasons? Well, previous knowledge doesn't matter, because these things are self-explanatory. Anime premieres on Japanese television in accordance with the four seasons: Spring and Fall usually have the largest number of new anime. Currently a tentative chart has been released detailing the known anime for the Summer season. New series may or may not be added to the chart later on. If a new version is released than I'll try to put it up here. This version of the chart doesn't contain OVAs or continuing series from previous seasons.

Summer 2010 Chart

Here's what I'm looking forward to:

Shiki--I have the manga for this on my Wish List. Both the trailer and the summary make this sound like a potentially better version of Higurashi (from what I've heard the original series is very slow moving). (Again, from the trailer), it also looks more violent and more interesting than Ookami Kakushi, which was pretty tame for a horror series.

Nurarihyon no Mago--Okay, having seen the trailer I'm reconsidering watching this one. The animation is not half as stylish as the picture used in the chart. However, it is just flashy enough to draw me in. Plot, you say? Why, I do not care about plot. Although apparently this is an anime adaption of a Shounen Jump series and while I'm not saying that's a bad thing the trailer makes it look like standard shounen fare.

And that's pretty much it. Besides, of course, the Black Rock Shooter OVA which isn't shown on this chart. I might give Mitsudomoe a shot but the trailer makes it seem less slice-of-life and more like an annoying, unfunny comedy.

If you are interested in viewing the trailers for these anime here is a blog post that includes trailers.

So, what's everyone even remotely interested in?
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime Season 2010   Summer Anime Season 2010 EmptyTue 25 May - 22:06

In all honestly, none of those series look like anything I want to watch, all looks pretty lame. Plus, theres still a series from the spring season I want to watch (after I finish the dozen series I started but haven't finished)
Back to top Go down
Saya Otonashi
Admin
Admin
Saya Otonashi

PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime Season 2010   Summer Anime Season 2010 EmptyTue 25 May - 22:38

I just noticed that K-ON 2 is aired and I plan to watch it.
Back to top Go down
https://animeboulevard.forumotion.com
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime Season 2010   Summer Anime Season 2010 EmptyTue 25 May - 23:41

Clovers_Gal wrote:
In all honestly, none of those series look like anything I want to watch, all looks pretty lame. Plus, theres still a series from the spring season I want to watch (after I finish the dozen series I started but haven't finished)

What, everything? I won't lie that these seasons are usually really slow but usually there's always something that remotely interests me.
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime Season 2010   Summer Anime Season 2010 EmptyWed 26 May - 13:21

Genten wrote:
Clovers_Gal wrote:

What, everything? I won't lie that these seasons are usually really slow but usually there's always something that remotely interests me.

Yes, everything, nothing there looks like anything worth the time of watching. (In my opinion)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer Anime Season 2010   Summer Anime Season 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Summer Anime Season 2010
Page 1 of 1