Anime Boulevard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed! Empty
PostSubject: Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!   Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed! EmptyMon 27 Jul - 17:47

Yen Press announcement (That would be a link, click it if you want to see the original announcement)

I found out today, had to spread the news! Yen Press, my new favorite manga company (they got that way after they licensed Pandora Hearts), has gotten the license to Kuroshitsuji!

The series will be under the title Black Butler (the english meaning of Kuroshitsuji), and the first volume will release in January 2010. What a great way to bring in the New Year, neh?

Until then, Kuroshitsuji will run in Yen+ magazine. Makes me consider actually getting a subscription (Pandora Hearts and Kuroshitsuji in the same magazone? Yes, please!)
Back to top Go down
Saya Otonashi
Admin
Admin
Saya Otonashi

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!   Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed! EmptyMon 27 Jul - 18:18

Very cool news, thanks Genten.
I wish I could find Yen+ in Greece too.
Back to top Go down
https://animeboulevard.forumotion.com
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!   Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed! EmptyMon 27 Jul - 20:54

They don't take subscriptions for Greece?

(You're welcome, this is probably my favorite license of the year, even more than Hayate and Kannagi were.)
Back to top Go down
Saya Otonashi
Admin
Admin
Saya Otonashi

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!   Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed! EmptyMon 27 Jul - 22:29

I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
https://animeboulevard.forumotion.com
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!   Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed! EmptyTue 13 Apr - 0:55

My friend tells me that the manga is really good, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet or buying it(other series have top priority) Is it really good as everyone makes it out to be? or are fans just overrating it, is my question!
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!   Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed! EmptyTue 13 Apr - 1:18

Clovers_Gal wrote:
My friend tells me that the manga is really good, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet or buying it(other series have top priority) Is it really good as everyone makes it out to be? or are fans just overrating it, is my question!

Since I'm a fan of this series myself, I'm not particularly sure what you consider overrated or if this series is. It is an interesting, original series that will almost always interest you in whatever happens to be going on at that moment. The characters are amusing, and it's a semi-dark take on Victorian England (though certainly not as dark as Gochild. . . )

I suggest checking out some of the chapters online or browsing through the book. Volume one has been released.
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!   Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed! EmptyMon 19 Apr - 2:24

I read about the first volume worth online... it was OKAY, it would probably get better as it goes on, I just don't have time I think to pick up a new series (though I want to). Maybe once I finish a few more series. xD
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!   Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed! EmptyMon 19 Apr - 2:25

It does get much better as the series goes on. Why? Two characters: Soma and Arthur.

Of course, they don't show up until later. The series at least begins to get serious in volume 2, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!   Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed! Empty

Back to top Go down

Kuroshitsuji finally got licensed!
Page 1 of 1