Anime Boulevard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Manga you're currently reading

Go down 
+13
khubaib_95
Clovers_Gal
death reaper
Rima_chan
Kio
Mystic_gohan
~Anbu Crimson Flare~
Fez
Kvic
Saya Otonashi
Merrin
Serenity
Genten
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyMon 3 May - 23:51

Just got Record of a Fallen Vampire 9 Bigsmile Plan to read it soon
Back to top Go down
~Anbu Crimson Flare~
Admin
Admin
~Anbu Crimson Flare~

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyWed 5 May - 2:07

Recently got my new Shonen Jump Magazine last night.
Back to top Go down
http://cf13.forumotion.com
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyThu 6 May - 13:30

Finished Record of a Fallen Vampire. It was good as expected, but need to reread it for it to make more sense.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyThu 6 May - 22:17

Clovers_Gal wrote:
Finished Record of a Fallen Vampire. It was good as expected, but need to reread it for it to make more sense.

I've heard good things about this manga. Is it enjoyable? I need a new manga to borrow from the library and I think they have this series.

I've just re-read volumes 3, 5, and 7 of Yotsuba&!. Good times, good times. . . If you've never read this, you should read it.

I've also read volumes 1-4 of the manga adaption of Cirque du Freak and it's much better than that awful movie adaption. It's surprisingly faithful to the books which is a relief. It's interesting to see the characters I loved from the original series in manga format. The slightly retro artstyle adds more enjoyment to the adaption.

Lastly, I've read volumes 1 and 2 of Kimi ni Todoke and all I have to say is. . .awwwww. It was so cute. I love the main characters and this is the first time in a long while that I've enjoyed a shojo manga so much. The only complaint I have is the print quality of my copy of volume 1. One of the pages was so faded that I could barely make out the pictures! Bad Viz, bad.
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 May - 1:46

Genten wrote:
Clovers_Gal wrote:

I've heard good things about this manga. Is it enjoyable? I need a new manga to borrow from the library and I think they have this series.

It is epic! I love this series. It's a lot better than the synopsis makes it sound. Like it gets really good volume 3+ each volume ends with a giant cliffhanger that leaves you dieing for the next volume. The series is on my top 5 fave manga Bigsmile
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyFri 7 May - 16:34

I might pick it up, then. Last night I read chapters 16-19 of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. It was very relaxing.
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptySun 9 May - 5:31

Re-read Pluto vol.6 , only two more volumes in that series :)
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 May - 0:37

Read some manga that's been sitting on my MU list for a while. I read the first eight or so chapters of Ao no Exorcist. The art is awesome and the plot is interesting. Plus the younger brother is hot. . . totally not why I'm reading it. No way. But here's a picture of him anyway.

I also read the only volume of Caramel Devils. It was really cute. Some of the 4koma weren't so funny but I loved the main character and his friend so all was well. It reminded me of a male version of Hanamaru Kindergarten.
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyWed 12 May - 13:30

Read Fullmetal Alchemist 107 the other day! I don't think I can wait a month for the last chapter. I have no clue how it's going to end, which is kind of fun, but part of me is dieing from suspense.
Back to top Go down
Merrin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Merrin

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyMon 17 May - 12:41

Saiyuki vol.1, even though i dont particually like the series any more
Back to top Go down
http://hetalia-another-war.proboards.com/index.cgi
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyMon 17 May - 23:12

Read the first chapter of Operation Liberate Men. It was very interesting. If I can scrap together the money I might continue the series.

For those of you who are curious, this manga is legally available online at Netcomics' website. The first chapter is free and the rest are 25 cents. Here is the page for the series.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 May - 18:21

Just read the only volume of Bernie no Enitsuki. It was like a more laid back version of the Bernstein Bears. I enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 May - 3:57

Ha ha. I love the Bernstein Bears, I used to read those books when I was little.

Pluto volumes 7 & 8 (final two volumes) should be here tomorrow :) So, I should be reading those tomorrow, as long as Amazon isn't lying to me.
Back to top Go down
khubaib_95
Admin
Admin
khubaib_95

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 May - 8:50

Iam currently reading bleach and took a glance on One piece and 07 ghost....but it looked kinda bored so i left it....
Back to top Go down
http://www.islamiccommunity.forumotion.com
Raven.Saerwen
Admin
Admin
Raven.Saerwen

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyWed 19 May - 9:19

bleach :)
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptySun 23 May - 5:08

just finished reading the series Pluto. Such a good series, a must read Bigsmile
Back to top Go down
ToFa
Unholy
Unholy
ToFa

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptySun 23 May - 11:50

well i'm reading K-on but that's only when they release a new chapter [about every month :S] and every chapter is 8-10 pages so idk if it counts
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyMon 24 May - 3:18

Read a few of the free chapters Netcomics has up on their website. Read the first chapter of Age Called Blue, which was actually on my Wish List. No translating group has picked it up and I don't think they ever will. Yaoi with an artsyle like this, which I absolutely love, just isn't very popular. But I love Netcomics for taking a chance and getting this series.

I also read the first chapter of Boy Princess. This really takes me back into my beginning years as a manga fan. I remember flipping through volume one on the bookshelves back when it was first released. Having re-read the first chapter I actually do want to read the series and am hoping to find it at my local library or through MelCat.

Also read chapter one of Not So Bad. Eh, it was okay. The artstyle really turned me off. I love the artwork of manga like Age Called Blue but this style just really didn't click with me. Maybe it's because the main guy looks like a frog in most scenes? Anyway, don't think I'll be continuing this one.

On a side note, I think I found out that the author of a manga I own draws yaoi doujinshi on the side. I always suspected it when reading her books, but it was still somewhat shocking.
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyMon 24 May - 3:30

@ Genten You read a lot of yaoi, my question is why?

Re-read some Pluto, Urasawa is such an awesome storyteller, there should be law that every manga fan has to have read some of his work.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyMon 24 May - 15:21

Clovers_Gal wrote:
@ Genten You read a lot of yaoi, my question is why?

I could've sworn I've mentioned this before, but I'm a fan of Yaoi/Shounen-ai manga. When I run out of regular series I want to read I turn to my Yaoi Wish List to pick titles off of that. That's why there's a lot of Yaoi in my posts in this thread.

You don't read it, I take it?
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyMon 24 May - 21:40

How do you run out of regular manga series to read? My to read list is like longer than the Eiffel tower.
And, yeah, I don't read it, just never really had the desire to either. I guess I don't see the point of reading a manga about two guys in a relationship.
I've just been noticing lately how popular Yaoi is becoming, like so many people read it online, and even borders is starting to carry it.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 May - 0:07

Clovers_Gal wrote:
How do you run out of regular manga series to read? My to read list is like longer than the Eiffel tower.
And, yeah, I don't read it, just never really had the desire to either. I guess I don't see the point of reading a manga about two guys in a relationship.
I've just been noticing lately how popular Yaoi is becoming, like so many people read it online, and even borders is starting to carry it.

I run out of things to read when I browse my Wish List and decide that I don't want to read anything on it. Why is it even on my Wish List then? Because I believe I will read it someday. The appeal of Yaoi/Shounen-ai is hard to explain and not everybody likes it but, hey, I'm a fan. Borders has actually carried yaoi for quite some time. I remember seeing it on the shelves in 2006.
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 May - 0:51

It wasn't till about a month ago that Borders started carrying a lot of one-shot yaoi. I was actually surprised that they would carry something like that, especially so close to the Kids section (since the manga section is like 2 rows from the kids). But with most young kids now, I guess it shouldn't be so surprising.
I don't think I could ever run out of manga, there's a lot I want to read, but since I'm anti-reading-manga-online I usually buy all my manga legally, which isn't cheap (because nothing is cheap now-a-days). Then I have to balance reading manga and reading regular books (yes, I do like to read regular books).
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 May - 2:34

I like to read regular books too, you're not alone. I read manga online if it isn't available here in the US, usually I buy the stuff. Around here the manga section is it's own little world. It's part of the teen section but usually all ages books are put in the kid's section.
Back to top Go down
Clovers_Gal

Clovers_Gal

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 EmptyTue 25 May - 2:56

Genten wrote:
I like to read regular books too, you're not alone. .

Cool, I've never met another manga fan who reads regular books. Most of the time they are like "Books without pictures, thats ridiculous" Of course its only cool depending on what books you read ;)

The manga section is like on the outside of the teen section (which is literally right next to the kid stuff) so you have to walk in a loop to get from A-m to N-Z . Which is a pain in the butt, because you walk around looking like an idiot. Theres always an employee looking at you funny like they want ask you if you need help, but you seem to know where you are going because you have a stack of books in you hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manga you're currently reading   Manga you're currently reading - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Manga you're currently reading
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next