Anime Boulevard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?

Go down 
+3
ToFa
Saya Otonashi
Grey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grey
VIP
Grey

Location : At the moment, under Fez's bed hiding from the shitzu >>

Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? Empty
PostSubject: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptySat 6 Jun - 6:44

ive always heard about it, but never really watched it. But i mean, its an action anime so i might as well check it out. action is my favorite. but is it really worth watching? i know its a very long anime like naruto and bleach. also, whats it about? i remember something to do with magical fruit or something....
Back to top Go down
Saya Otonashi
Admin
Admin
Saya Otonashi

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptySat 6 Jun - 21:54

I have no idea about it, sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://animeboulevard.forumotion.com
ToFa
Unholy
Unholy
ToFa

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptySun 7 Jun - 19:22

tajio, you may know it but don't know it xP Alter channel used to show it here as "Drake" or sth...i know thank god for not hearing about anime then because the dub was awful just like the translation!..[i kinda know the plot but just know what's about no details :D]
Back to top Go down
Grey
VIP
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptySun 7 Jun - 20:24

ah yes, dubs can totally SUCK
such as Keroro Gunsou, The Wallflower, and FullMetal Alchemist
Back to top Go down
ggemmer

ggemmer

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyFri 12 Jun - 14:21

i liked it.
except the story line was so repetitive.
its worth watching for a while.

its about a boy named luffy who is inspired by a man called shanks to become a pirate. So he sets out to get this treasure called one piece which is at this place called the grand line. IT is extremely hard to get to (obviously) and takes a long time. Along the way he makes friends and they join his crew basically.
By the way there are these magic fruits which can give you powers by eating them.
Luffy accidentally ate the gum gum fruit when he was little and now has stretchy powers and cant swim.
if you wanna know the story plot better look here XD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Piece
Back to top Go down
Saya Otonashi
Admin
Admin
Saya Otonashi

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyFri 12 Jun - 17:35

OK thank you, hope others will read about it too.
Back to top Go down
Grey
VIP
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptySat 13 Jun - 22:44

hes a pirate who cant swim? jez, that would kinda suck!!! anyways i saw the most perfect one piece cosplayers ever at my last anime con, so i thought i might as well check it out.
Back to top Go down
Saya Otonashi
Admin
Admin
Saya Otonashi

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptySun 14 Jun - 1:06

Yes but it may be more interesting this way
Back to top Go down
Grey
VIP
Grey

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyThu 18 Jun - 5:12

of course i would be more interesting xD
Back to top Go down
Saya Otonashi
Admin
Admin
Saya Otonashi

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyThu 18 Jun - 23:45

Well, if there isn't anything weird it's not worth watching so... I suppose it's interesting.
Back to top Go down
Merrin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Merrin

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyMon 17 Aug - 13:22

I havn't seen much One Piece but I've seen loads off clips and I really like it!
Back to top Go down
http://hetalia-another-war.proboards.com/index.cgi
Shirohige
VIP
Shirohige

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyMon 24 Aug - 22:19

One Piece is definately worth watching, it has a fine storyline, but abit repetitive. It's good in graphics when it comes down to it. Perhaps you may be decieved, but some of the badguys are retardedly drawn, but the further you get into the show, and the main plot is revealed etc. it gets fantastically great in graphics and animation. It has the most epic of moments and dramatic scenes.

Top 10 Epic moments Part 1 (10-6)

Top 10 Epic moments Part 2 (5-1)
Back to top Go down
Saya Otonashi
Admin
Admin
Saya Otonashi

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptySat 12 Sep - 13:48

Quote :
abit repetitive
What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyTue 15 Sep - 0:26

Saya Otonashi wrote:
Quote :
abit repetitive
What do you mean?

Like all shonen works, One Piece contains a lot of the same type of storylines--Luffy fights a bigger, badder enemy and defeats him in the end.
Back to top Go down
Merrin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Merrin

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyThu 1 Oct - 3:28

I have to agree with Genten, I like shonen but I often stop watching it beacause it goes on for 100+ episoded and it's usally the same thing and it does get quite repeditive. Luckily for me I havn't gotten to that stage in One Piece yet (I think I'm up to like episode 9 or somthing) But I have watched further in other anime's and it looses all novelty.
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyFri 2 Oct - 1:39

The only way to combat this is to make weider enemies. I think One Piece does this. As I've heard, it doesn't get very repetitive until after episode 50.
Back to top Go down
Merrin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Merrin

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyFri 2 Oct - 1:44

Yeah the enemies and stories are quite nice but by episode 8 they've practicly got all the crew which doesn't lead to much 'Help we need a crew'
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyFri 2 Oct - 2:00

Every member? I thought a few came in afterwards. Guess I need to catch up on One Piece.
Back to top Go down
Merrin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Merrin

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyFri 2 Oct - 2:06

Luffy comes in EP 1 Zoron ep 3 Nami ep 5 or 7 Usopp still hasnt joined but he will most likely be with them by ep 11, I think Snaji must come later on, same with Chopper and Robin but they have practicly go the whole team
Back to top Go down
Genten
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Genten

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyFri 2 Oct - 2:14

I see. Well, at least it's still interesting.
Back to top Go down
Merrin
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Merrin

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? EmptyFri 2 Oct - 2:17

It is and it is quite funny, Ive got like miniture Zoro swords!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?   Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this anime worth watching? Whats the storyline if so?
Page 1 of 1